NATHANAEL J. SCHEER
(602) 331-8600 Fax
Mr. Scheer's practice focuses primarily in the areas of trial advocacy, insurance coverage litigation and analysis and appellate work. He also counsels clients in federal and state insurance regulatory compliance issues including enforcement actions such as supervision, rehabilitation and liquidation/receivership.
Prior to pursuing a legal career, Mr. Scheer worked as a reporter covering the U.S. Presidential elections in 2000 for the second largest newspaper in the world.
EDUCATION AND SCHOLASTIC ACTIVITIES:
Arizona State University, College of Law (J.D. 2004, with Honors)
Certificate in Law, Science, & Technology, Environmental Law
- Associate Articles Editor, Arizona State Law Journal
- Center Scholar, ASU Center for the Study of Law, Science and Technology
- Honors Legal Method and Writing
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Legal Method and Writing, Constitutional Law, Environmental Litigation (awarded for achieving the highest grade in the class)
- Certified Mediator, Phoenix Justice Courts
- Vice President & Secretary of the Environmental Law Society
- Legal Extern for the Honorable Susan R. Bolton, Federal District Court for the District of Arizona
- Intern at the Office of the Arizona Attorney General, Environmental Enforcement Section
The American University, International Relations & CLEG (Communications, Law, Economics, & Government) (B.A., 1999)
- 2-Yr. Member-At-Large, ABA Administrative Law Section Executive Counsel
- Federal District Court for Arizona, 2005
- A Survey of Ingenix as an Evaluative Tool in Assessing Usual, Customary and Reasonable Medical Charges for Insurance Companies, Ins. Lit. Rptr., (forthcoming Summer 2008.
- "Keeping the Promise: Financing EMTALA's Guarantee Emergency Medical Care for Undocumented Aliens in Arizona," Arizona State Law Journal, 35 Ariz. St. L.J. 1413 (Winter 2003).
- "The Supreme Court of Arizona: Its 2002-2003 Decisions," Arizona State Law Journal, 35 Ariz. St. L.J. 1105 (Winter 2003). (The author wrote the following sections: Campaigns and Elections, Insurance Law, Sex Offender Civil Commitment, Health Care Tort Law and Water Law.)