MATTHEW D. KLEIFIELD
602) 331-8600 Fax
Mr. Kleifield is a State Bar of Arizona certified specialist in injury and wrongful death litigation, having been so certified since 1993. Such certification requires substantial experience in jury trial involving matters of serious injury and wrongful death. To this end, Mr. Kleifield has tried in excess of 75 jury trials since commencing practice in 1987. Consistent with his experience in trial Mr. Kleifield is an associate with the American Board of Trial Advocates, holding that rank since 1993. He was inducted into the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys in 1993; the Trial Attorneys of America in 1995; and, the International Association of Defense Counsel in 1993. He is a past member of the Board of Directors of the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel and previously served on the Executive Council of the Trial Practice Section of the State Bar of Arizona. Mr. Kleifield was also recently recognized by Super Lawyers as a "Super Lawyer" in the Southwest Region for Product Defect Litigation.
Mr. Kleifield’s practice focuses upon all general liability litigation with particular emphasis upon the following: product liability; construction defects; professional errors and omissions; serious injury, brain damage and wrongful death claims; trucking litigation. This experience has permitted him to speak on the subject of wrongful death litigation, complex personal injury litigation, and product defect litigation.
EDUCATION AND SCHOLASTIC ACTIVITIES:
Universityof Arizona(J.D. With Distinction, 1987)
- William T. Birmingham Award as outstanding class trial advocate.
- Phi Alpha Delta
Universityof Arizona, (B.S.B.A., 1984)
- “Inside the Jury Room: The Products Case” (November 5, 1999) (Sponsored by the Phoenix Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates. A moot court presentation to a jury with subsequent observation of deliberations and post-verdict questioning of the jury).
- “Adjusting the Automobile Injury Claim in Arizona” (December 20, 1996) (Sponsored by the National Business Institute).
- “UM and UIM Arbitrations” (July 12, 1995) (Presented to CNA Insurance Companies).
- “Overview of Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Considerations” (April 21, 1994) (Presented to CNA Insurance Companies).
- “Tort Reform” (January 17, 1993) (Sponsored by Jennings Strouss and Salmon).
In addition, Mr. Kleifield has provided in-house training in casualty coverage and bad faith issues to the following insurance companies:
- CNA Insurance Companies;
- Western Agricultural Insurance Company.
- See reported decisions in connection with Martindale Hubbell Listing or Best’s
- Former chair, Legal Skills Committee, State Bar of Arizona;
- Former member, secretary and treasurer, Trial Practice Section, State Bar of Arizona;
- Former Director, Board of Directors, Arizona Association of Defense Counsel;
- Member, Product Liability and Advocacy Committees, International Association of Defense Counsel;
- Member, Defense Research Institute;
- Member, Association of Defense Trial Attorneys;
- Member, Trial Attorneys of America;
- Former member, Transportation Lawyer Association.
- Member, Arizona Board of Trial Advocates.