JOSHUA D. ROGERS
Mr. Rogers’ primary practice areas are insurance coverage and defense. In his practice, he has been involved in analyzing and litigating numerous complex insurance coverage matters in representation of insurance companies. A major portion of Mr. Rogers' practice involves representing insurance companies in defense of insurance bad faith claims. Mr. Rogers’ has analyzed complex advertising injury and personal injury general liability coverage claims.
Mr. Rogers is one of two associate authors for Couch On Insurance 3d, a nationally recognized authoritative treatise on insurance law.
EDUCATION AND SCHOLASTIC ACTIVITIES:
PepperdineUniversity Schoolof Law (J.D., cum laude, 2001)
- Pepperdine Law Review, Staff
- Graduated in the top 10%
- Corporate and Securities Law Society, Co-Founding Member
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence: Jurisprudence (Spring 2000) and International Public Law (Fall 2000)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Jurisprudence (Spring 2000) and International Public Law (Fall 2000)
The Master’s College (B.A., Political Studies, summa cum laude, 1998)
- Political Studies Student of the Year (1997-1998)
- Who’s Who in American Colleges (1997-1998)
JUDICIAL LAW CLERKSHIPS and INTERNSHIPS:
- Legislative Intern to the Office of Congressman J.C. Watts, United States House of Representatives (1997)
- Associate Author, Couch On Insurance 3d
Construction Defects: Claims and Coverage: "Progressive Losses-Triggers of Coverage, Numbering of Occurrences and Allocation Among Successive Policies" (DRI Defense Library Series) (Ch. 3, Part II)
CAT Claims: Insurance Coverage for Natural and Man-Made Disasters. (ThomsonWest 2008).
Academic Journals And Law Reviews:
The Practical Ramifications of Dual Sovereignty in Prosecuting Declaratory Judgment Actions Against State and Federal Governments. CONN. INS. L.J., Vol. 14.2, p. 445 (2007-2008)
Charting A Course For Federal Removal Through The Turbulent Waters Of The Abstention Doctrine: A Titanic Experience In The Sargasso Sea Of Jurisdictional Manipulation. Vol. 56, DePaul L. Rev. 107 (Fall 2006)
Judicial Abstinence: Ninth Circuit Jurisdictional Celibacy for Claims Brought Under the Federal Declaratory Judgment. 27 Seattle U.L. Rev. 751 (Issue 3, Spring 2004)
Other Professional Publications:
Coverage Issues Associated With Federal Clean Water Act Violations For Discharging Land Fill Into Waterways. Ins. Lit. Rptr., Vol.. 31, No. 13 (August 2009)
A Proportional Methodology For Determining Covered Damages Where Continuous And Progressive Injury Is Involved. Ins. Lit. Rptr., Vol. 31, No. 11 (July 2009)
Counting The Number Of "Occurrences" Where The Predicate Tort Involves A Pattern Of Conduct Or Interrelated Process. Ins. Lit. Rptr., Vol. 31, No. 7 (May 2009)
Triggering Coverage in Construction Defect Cases. e-Common Defense (November 2008)
Lennar Corp. v. Auto-Owners Insurance Co., Expanding Coverage For Faulty Workmanship Claims. e-Common Defense (September 2008)
A Methodical Approach to Analyzing the Application of the Absolute Pollution Exclusion, Insurance Litigation Reporter, Vol. 28, No. 19 (December 2006)
- "Arizona Insurance Law" (January 22, 2010) (Topic: Multiple Coverage Issues Relevant To Automobile Policies) Sponsored by the State Bar of Arizona.
- "Arizona Insurance Coverage" (January 23, 2009) (Topic: Insurance Coverage For Construction Defects) Sponsored by the State Bar of Arizona.
- "Commercial Real Estate Leases" (October 2 & 3, 2008) (Topic: Insurance Considerations for Commercial Leases) Sponsored by Law Seminars International.
- "Arizona Insurance Coverage" (January 25, 2008) (Topic: Insurance Coverage For Construction Defects) Sponsored by the State Bar of Arizona.
- "Arizona Insurance Coverage" (January 25, 2007) (Topic: Insurance Coverage For Construction Defects) Sponsored by the State Bar of Arizona.
- "The Construction Defects Litigation Explosion: Current Issues of Importance to Contractors" (October 12, 2005) (Topic: Insurance Issues) Sponsored by The Southwest Builders Show.
- "Arizona Liability Insurance Coverage" (May 14, 2004) (Topic: The "Where, What, When, Why and How" of an Occurrence) Sponsored by the State Bar of Arizona.